National FFA Week

National FFA Week was celebrated from February 17th to 24th 2024. FFA chapters around the country celebrated National FFA week by showing the importance of agriculture and the many things that FFA has to offer. Each year, all 700,000 F.F.A. members spend the weeklong holiday developing their potential for leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education in creative and innovative ways in their various local F.F.A. chapters. During the week, F.F.A. members will take part in agricultural, leadership, and service-based activities across the country.

Founded by a group of young farmers in 1928, the F.F.A. mission, during National F.F.A. Week, is to prepare future generations for the challenges of feeding the growing population of the United States by teaching members various topics relating to agricultural technology, science, and business, i.e., Ag Business, Ag Mechanics, Ag Sales, Dairy cattle evaluation, and Agronomy, Food Science & Technology, and Dairy Food, etc.

Locally, FFA week was celebrated by having dress up days each day of National FFA week.  A couple of those days were blue and gold day and pajama day.  Some FFA members even celebrated by driving they’re tractors to school.  Hutsonville FFA ended its week by having a Free Will Donation Pancake and Sausage breakfast on Saturday.

FFA is the nation’s largest student organization and focuses on premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through immersion in agriculture.