Puppy Bowl XX

The 2024 Puppy Bowl was a sight to see, and there were more dogs than ever competing in this year’s extra paw-ganza. The bowl was a three-hour matchup and there were 131 puppies from 73 shelters and rescues across 36 states and territories. The bowl is celebrating its 20th anniversary, so to make things better, Warner Bros. Discovery had announced that “puppies are taking over the show’s production by operating the cameras and lighting, directing from the control room, stage managing on the studio floor and even coaching Team Fluff and Team Ruff.”

Also featured were the smallest and biggest puppies ever featured in a Puppy Bowl; Sweet-pea (pictured below) weighs just 1.7 lbs, while Levi the Great Dance (pictured below) weighs 72 lbs! Plus the first-ever doggy streaker in Puppy Bowl history runs on the field “woof naked”.

The Puppy Bowl first started in 2005. This event raises awareness about pet adoption. Hundreds of the event’s canine competitors have found homes thanks to the exposure they have received through the Puppy Bowl. This has helped the rescue foundation, Pack Leader Rescue, find and make connections with shelters nationwide. At the event over the years, they have met rescue workers from California, Puerto Rico, and beyond, which has helped build a more extensive network. Florida Little Dog Rescue has also had adoptable pups drafted from their rescue and into the Puppy Bowl since 2014. Another great rescue center that has drafted their sweet pups into the Puppy Bowl is AHeinz57. Puppy Bowl fans can see dogs from Florida Little Dog Rescue, AHeinz57 Pet Rescue, Transport Pack Leaders Rescue, and over 65 other shelters in the Puppy Bowl.

The Puppy Bowl aired on Sunday February 11, at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT and will be played across Animal Planet, Discovery, TBS, truTV, Max, and Discovery+.