Winter Ball

Winter+Ball

On February 16th from 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. Palestine High School will have our annual Winter Ball.

The tradition of the “Winter Ball” began in the 1940s when social dances were getting very popular. Most of the time they were called “Christmas Dance, Christmas Prom, Snowflake Dance, Snow Ball, Holiday Ball or All Campus Christmas Party.” Long ago this dance was held right before winter break. Students would come to this dance without the stress of finals hanging over them because finals were held after winter break then.

Freshman through Seniors can attend this event. Not every school has a Winterball so it is pretty cool that we get to have one at our school! The ball takes place between Homecoming and Prom, usually around February. The dress code to this event is Semi-formal. Admission is $5 per person. The winter ball is being held at the Palestine High School Gymnasium.  Oblong and Hutsonville Winter athletes may attend, but may not bring a guest.

Dances are a fun time to spend time with your friends and get away from the stressful time of work and school. A lot of us put a lot of pressure on ourselves to be successful, so it is nice to have some downtime.

We want to thank Student Senate and our teachers for organizing this event and any of the chaperones that help at the event. It is also two days after Valentine’s Day, so be sure to go and have dinner somewhere nice before the dance.