Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever

For Wesley Kimmel’s character Greg Heffley, Christmas is all about the presents. Therefore he makes an effort to be good during December in order to receive the MegaStation 9000, a new gaming system, but things don’t go as planned. Greg fears he’ll get on the naughty list after he and his good-natured best pal Rowley Jefferson voiced by, Spencer Howell, unintentionally damaged a snowplow while building a snowman. Greg tries to hide his and Rowley’s hat, scarf, and earmuffs in a nearby dumpster in an attempt to avoid being recognized by the “Snowplow Lady” Gabby (Lisa Ann Walter) as the ones who attacked them with a snowplow. Greg is desperate to receive his desired present. However, Greg finds out that the trash is actually a gift donation bin that the cops will empty on Christmas Eve, and he needs to take their winter accessories off as soon as possible because his complete name is embroidered on the hat. Unfortunately, when he awakens the following day, he finds himself trapped inside with his parents Frank (Chris Diamantopoulos), Susan (Erica Cerra), older brother Rodrick (Hunter Dillon), and younger brother Manny (Gracen Newton) due to mountains of snow. With nowhere to retreat to or hide anymore, Greg must be on his best behavior in order to make it through Christmas and get everything that he wants. There are plenty of great and delightful vocal performances given in this movie, but out of anyone, Spencer Howell’s work as Rowley stuck out the most to me. Even though he didn’t get as much screentime as Greg, he still made the most of every moment and contributed memorable, convincing, and impressive moments, like emitting an ear-splitting shriek he released whilst a giant snowball rolled over him or when he slayed an angelic falsetto version of “Silent Night.”