Food Drive

Food+Drive

Palestine Grade School is holding a community food drive November 1st – November 21st. You can drop off canned food and/or non-perishable items at Palestine Grade School from 8:00am-4:00pm. Some examples of items that can be donated are peanut butter, canned soup, canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned stew, canned fish, canned beans, pastas, and rice. Examples of things to not donate to a food bank are items needing refrigeration, expired food, food with packaging concerns (ex. Glad jars), homemade or baked goods. The whole community of Palestine is encouraged to participate in this event. By donating canned food/Non-perishable items you will be helping aid families in our community during the holidays. A food drive is a form of charity that is conducted by a group of individuals or an organization to stockpile and distribute food to people who cannot afford food. Food drives are a good way for community members, students, and coworkers to make a difference for people in our village that are facing hunger. Filling up a food drive box is a great way for kids and adults alike to see the difference they are making. Let’s help fill the boxes. Let’s lead by example. Donating food isn’t hard. You probably have food at home that has been bought and will never be used. If so and it is not expired donate it! It will not go to waste, and someone will be extremely grateful. We do not consider the positive impact a food drive has on our community often enough.