The Seniors Are NOT Getting Out Too Early!

Destinee Mahlmeister, Contributor

Some people say that the seniors are leaving too early. In my opinion, I don’t think they are at all. The seniors have worked long and hard this year and I believe that they should get out a bit earlier than the other students.

There are many good points about them getting out early.  For one, I believe that it is a good idea to get out before prom because I believe that it is just way more fun to do it this way. I know a lot of people have their own opinions and believe that students shouldn’t be out until after prom, but I think doing it this way gives seniors something to look forward to too.

Another reason I believe that the seniors should get out early is that it gives them time to enjoy being a teenager again for a little bit. Many seniors will be working all summer, or taking summer classes, or getting ready for college; this may be there last little break to be a teenager for a bit.

The seniors have been here four years, and they don’t have to take finals.  Is there really anything important they could they be taught in just 2-3 more weeks of class?

Honestly, I think that PHS should continue to do this every year because I believe that doing this is a great motivator for students. Also, if the students’ grades aren’t up enough, you can make them stay next week if you need to.

This my opinion on this matter. What do you think?