Spring Concert

Michlynn Churchwell, Contributor

The concert is on Monday, April 25, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. They will be playing a variety of music, led by Mr. Baker. One of the songs they will be playing is Byzantine Dances. Another is the Incredibles and Beauty and the Beast theme song. They will also be playing a song called Bounty Hunter. The last song they will be playing together, that will be including the fifth graders, and is called Dragon Slayer. Lastly, Katie Lanham is playing a solo called Ave Maria.

The seniors conclude of just Katie. Katie Lanham plays the flute. The sophmores conclude of Zoe Rinesmith, she plays the trumpet. Ace Zinc plays the drums. Lily Webster plays the flute. Haley Murdock plays the saxophone. The freshmen conclude of Kristin Dunlap she plays the flute. Dominic Dunlap plays the clarinet. Kealynn Scott plays the drums. Lauren Duffield plays the trombone. The eighth grader concludes of Isaac Stone, and he plays the trombone. Another person who plays as a eighth grader is Lotus Webster, and she plays the trumpet. The seventh graders conclude of just Carter Nelson, and he plays the drums.

The 5th grade band, composed of Phoebe Brannon, Hayzen Churchwell, Ryleigh Cooper, Leighton Daugherty, Elijah Fuller, Izabella King, Analeigh Rich, Shaelyn Roeder, Adrianah Rollins, Keegan Taylor, and Tiffany Traxler will be doing a performance of their own. They will be playing High Adventure, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, This Old Man, and Old MacDonald.

The PGS Choir is also performing at this concert, led by Mrs. Carpenter. The 8th graders in the choir are Alyssa Nethery, Autumn Taylor, Bennen Ramsey, Landon Cornwall, Abby Hyre, Jacob Christine, and Avry Monti. They also have one 7th grader, Brylee Tingly. Their concert is Spring themed, and they will be singing four songs that reflect that. They will be singing Here Comes the Sun, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Walking On Sunshine, and Let’s Go Fly a Kite.