Coloring Contest for PGS and PHS

Keisha Wiseman, Contributor

Are you interested in coloring? 

Did you know that the McLoughlin brothers along with Kate Greenaway collaborated together in order to create the first coloring book in the 1880’s that was known as “The Little Folks Painting Book”?

Why are you reading this? Because if you are interested in coloring, our school is hosting a coloring competition for the students at Palestine Grade School and Palestine High School. Laurel Adams mentioned that the reason why she started this coloring contest is because she was writing a grant for Tyson Foods, also known to be Honoring Hunger Heros. Another reason she started the competition was to honor and show appreciation towards our lunch ladies at PGS and PHS. 

She also mentioned that she was taking photos of our lunch ladies and she decided to include the students by offering a coloring contest towards our schools. 

If you would be interested in the contest, the link is on our website at https://www.palestinecusd3.net/basic-01. There will be several winners, so when she chooses a winner, it will be uploaded on the website. The winner will receive a candy bar. Laurel said she does hope that some of you will participate in this competition. 

Submissions will be due April 22nd, and they will have to be given to her in person. The winners will be announced on April 29th.