Senior Spotlight: Krescene Holscher

Kieran Jenkins, Contributor

This week’s spotlight is on Krescene. I asked her if she had any favorite hobbies or if she played any sports, and her answer was that she played both basketball and softball.

I then wondered if she had any favorite memories of high school. Krescene replied with of Hoco Week of freshman year. She said, “It was stressful, but it was so fun, especially because so many of us shared it with senior siblings.”

I also asked if she had a favorite class that she has taken. Krescene told me it was Composition 2 at LTC.

I wanted to know if Krescene had any plans or goals for after graduation. She told me, “I plan to go to Vincennes University for 2 years majoring in pre-vet before transferring to either Purdue or UIUC to get my Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine.”

I asked her what she would miss the most about PHS, and she told me, “I’ll miss seeing some of my favorite people every day. I have made so many memories within theses walls.”

After that, I asked her if she has been in clubs while going to PHS. Krescene has been in Drama club, Pay-it-Forward, Student Senate, National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Yearbook, ACES, Math Team, History Club, and Team Quest.

Krescene’s advice for underclassmen and upcoming freshmen is “Don’t be lazy, do the work, succeed. But find the time to enjoy it all, too.”