Senior Spotlight: Shyan Dunlap

Krescene Holscher, Editor

Meet Palestine High School’s constantly crocheting, piercing-loving, Bang-addict Shyan Dunlap! Shyan is currently taking Health Occupations through Twin Rivers, on top of her high school course load. It is her favorite class this year! Shyan’s favorite class throughout high school was her Sophomore year Journalism class, with the class of 2020.

As many can agree, Shyan says, “Freshman and Sophomore year, pre-Covid, was the best.” Her favorite memory of high school dates back to Freshman year. “Rider put white-out on his nose for a dress-up day, and he got it kind of stuck.”

Shyan thinks the worst thing about school is not having enough time. She said, “Working full time and going to school is not glamorous.” Did I mention she is a manager at McDonald’s? She is constantly looking for more work for herself…for better or worse. Shyan’s advice for upcoming high school students? “Don’t rush. Enjoy being a kid.”

After graduation, Shyan plans to move to Vincennes to attend Vincennes University and have a nursing job. When asked what she will miss most about Palestine High School, she said one thing: “The people.” This speaks volumes about the kind of person Shyan is. We wish her well on her adventures in Vincennes and in whatever else she decides to conquer in her future!