Brayden Weck: A Memorial

Katie Lanham, Editor

Brayden Weck, a 2019 graduate of Palestine High School, passed away on Wednesday, November 24th, 2021, in Palestine. His visitation will be held at the Goodwine Funeral Home in Palestine, from 4-7 p.m on Wednesday, December 1st. Funeral services will be on December 2nd, also at the Goodwine Funeral Home in Palestine at 10 a.m, with burial following at Mt. Pleasant cemetery, in Annapolis. Both services will be live-streamed, viewable on the Goodwine Funeral Homes Facebook page.

Brayden Weck was a student of Hutsonville Grade School before he became a Pioneer. Friends would tell you that he loved hunting just about every animal that he could, and that he loved sports. He assistant coached for the Kennedy Auto Center Little League team.

Abbye Murdock knew him well and said, “If you were lucky enough to know Brayden, you would know what a kind soul he was. He was an incredible young man that loved hunting and fishing. He loved spending time with his family. He liked to play Mancala. He loved living life to the fullest.”

One of his former educators, Mrs. Benton said, “He was always full of surprises and liked joking with his teachers. Brayden’s first day at PHS began with him refusing to get out of his mom’s car to come in. His last day ended with a diploma in his hand.” She considers Brayden a “success story.”

Contributions for funeral expenses can be made to the GoFundMe found at https://www.gofundme.com/f/funeral-expenses-for-brayden-weck?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer  and also at a donation bucket at Casey’s, and would be greatly appreciated by the family.