Places to Eat for Lunch

Dallas Kidwell, Editor

In the small town of Palestine, there are quite a few places to eat for lunch. If you are looking for a place to eat here are some places: Peg N Reds, Palestine Meat Market, Llamas, Palestine High School, Casey’s, and Village Inn. For the places that are off campus, most people walk, but another option is to have your parents bring it to you. All the places above are great places to eat, but be sure to make it back to school on time.

The cheapest place to eat is at school, but you get what you pay for.  The good news is that they have a salad bar this year and it’s just $2.  Be sure you sign up for lunch the next day during 4th hour if you intend to eat here.  If you don’t, they won’t let you eat.

The most expensive places to eat are the Village Inn and Peg N Reds, but they both have really good food. At Peg N Reds you can get burgers and bosco sticks, or daily specials like sausage and biscuits and gravy or chicken Tetrazinni and garlic bread.  And of course, don’t forget the ice cream.

Llamas has really good pizza and other Italian food, but it’s only open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays and it closes at 1:00 p.m. 

It’s a little bit further to walk, but the Palestine Meat Market has good cheeseburgers and lunch meat sandwiches.

If you right at the bell and walk fast, you might be able to get lunch at Casey’s where they have pizza, subs, and other good things to eat, but it is kind of far to walk and it might be better to ask a parent to take you there.

When asked about where her favorite place is to eat lunch during school, senior Lindsay Ryan said, “I enjoy eating at the Meat Market because they have really good cheeseburgers for a reasonable price.”