10/6 Drama Club Meeting

Katie Lanham, Editor

Drama Club had it’s 4th meeting this year on Wednesday, Oct. 5th. The meeting was primarily called and advertised as a special election, but the Haunted Halls and fall plays were also discussed. Members voted on when to have Haunted Halls and elected the new treasurer, details to follow.

This year, the Haunted Halls will be on Friday, Oct. 29th. It will feature members of the PHS Drama Club, along with others who’ve expressed their interest in helping out. Evan Easton has written an article for all those interested in more details.

Because of scheduling struggles in years past, the Drama Club has decided to do several shorter plays instead of one large production. With so many different students with so many different obligations, it can be hard to find time to practice with everyone at once. This way, practices can be done with smaller groups and not everyone involved needs to be at every one. Plays will be selected soon, so stay tuned. If you’re interested in acting, please let Mrs. Hyde know!

The meeting was originally called for the special election for a new treasurer, but funnily enough, that was the last thing that was decided. Mrs. Hyde collected names of the candidates, and ballots were passed out. The choices were Shara Coffman, Michaela Fuller, Stephanie Rudd, and Caitlyn Drury. Everyone present voted, and once they were counted, Miss Caitie Drury won. Congratulations Caitie!