Wacky Wednesday: Turnouts and Near Future

Shyan Dunlap, Editor

This semester we have a new fundraiser called Wacky Wednesday. There is another article with some details about it, but here’s a summery. On Wacky Wednesday students can bring money to participate in different things, and the money is to support different clubs around the school. Everyone seems to love this fundraiser idea which my friend Nathan and I came up with back in December.

The first ever Wacky Wednesday was a “Get Out of Jail Free” which was a hit. “Get Out of Jail Free” means that if a student brought $3 they could get out of school 15 minutes early. That Wacky Wednesday fundraiser went to Student Senate and made over $40.  It was a great turn out for the first one.

The second Wacky Wednesday was “Bring Your Own Food or Drink” which was an even bigger hit! “Bring Your Own Food or Drink” is pretty self explanatory, but just in case, in this Wacky Wednesday activity you pay $3 to bring in and food or drink of your choice and have it all day . The only exception was energy drinks. Nathan brought a thing of fried chicken. Altogether this Wacky Wednesday made over 100 dollars! All the proceeds of this truly amazing turn out in go to the Pioneer Pantry.

This week’s Wacky Wednesday is a popcorn party in seventh hour. But don’t worry, Art and Band kids: there have been arrangements for you to be able to participate in this one, too. For this all you can eat popcorn feast all you have to bring is a dollar. The proceeds all go to the History Club. Next week’s Wacky Wednesday is also a popcorn party, but that time the money will go to Yearbook!