Club Spotlight: Drama Club

Nathan White, Editor

Lights! Camera! Action! Currently one of the busiest clubs in the school is Drama Club, from electing club officers to signing up for field trips and even picking fall plays, they are doing it all.  As soon as the school year starts, they have their priorities set and by golly, they are going to accomplish them.

During their first meeting on August 23rd they voted for class officers which resulted in Abbey McCord as President, Summer Agan as Vice President, Layni Branson as Secretary, and Nathan White as Treasurer. 

They also decided the date for the musical they go see every year. This year they chose to go see “Wicked” at the Fox Theater in St. Louis on December 7th.

Another event Drama Club does every year is the Haunted Halls. This event turns the already spooky halls of PHS into a living nightmare. This year it will be held on Friday October 25th and Saturday October 26th. Also in October, they sell parking spots at the school during the Wine and Arts Festival.

And who could forget they put on a full length play in the fall and three short plays in the spring. They have not been decided yet, but there is an officer meeting Tuesday the 3rd to decide on the fall play.

Anyone interested in joining Drama Club should come to a meeting. They have meetings quite often, so if you miss one don’t sweat it, and if you are not sure you want to join, see Mrs. Hyde and she can tell you all about it. You don’t have to be involved in all of these events throughout the year, but some of them could be the best times you’ll have in  all of high school, so be sure to check it out.