• Baseball: Thursday- Game @ Home

• If you are interested in Volleyball, you need to sign up in the office.

• Finals will be May 16th, 17th, and 20th

• Awards Night is tomorrow night in the PHS Gym @ 7:00 PM

• Boy's Basketball open gym is this Saturday in Hutsonville from 1-2:30. You need to attend if you are playing. They will be giving out important dates and times.

• Information on the following are in the main hallway: CMH concussion testing, Info. meeting for 2019 Crawford County Fair Queen Pageant, Prom Picture forms, Prom Non-PHS forms and dress guidelines, lunch menus, sports schedules and athletic recognition at Hutsonville forms.

• Track: Thursday- Girls' Sectionals, Saturday- Meet @ Shelbyville BOYS ONLY

• Graduation Practice will be on May 17th.

• Seniors Last Day will be May 10th!!!

• Senior Signing Day will be held on May 10 @ 1:45

• Softball: Friday- Game @ Robinson SENIOR NIGHT, Monday- Regionals @ Martinsville

• Today's Lunch: Chicken Nuggets

Play Review

Kelsey Lanham, Contributor

This past week on Friday, April 12, and Saturday, April 13, the Drama Club had their Spring Production.  The three plays featured were “First Date”, “Elevator Games”, and “The Death of the Doorstep Kiss”. For the seven senior members of Drama Club, this was the last time that they will act on stage or run lights or sound with the Drama Club at PHS.  

Actors didn’t get to have as many evening practices because of Softball and Baseball games and Track Meets.  There were games or meets almost every day the week before the play. The only night that there was not anything was Tuesday so the Drama Club had their dress rehearsal Tuesday night.  This was not a very productive rehearsal for some of the plays because the SAT or PSAT had happened that day as well.

The Drama Club had their own sound system this year, and they had just gotten some of their mics the week before the play, which meant that they had to learn how to use this sound system. The first night a few of the cast forgot to turn on their mics, so it was harder for them to be heard but on the second night, everyone’s mic worked well.  

A few of the students at PHS wrote reviews for the play.  They all agreed that when Evan Holscher came out in a clown costume while on a date with Summer Agan, the scene was really funny.  One of the lines was slightly changed in this scene to say that Summer didn’t know what Evan looked like under that clown costume and “he could have been in an skiing accident and lost his nose.”  In reality, Evan actually WAS in a skiing accident in which he injured his nose, so those who know Evan found this scene especially humorous.

The plays went well both days, even with the hiccups that happened in them.  When the wrong lines were said or a line was skipped, the cast recovered quickly from it.  There were no long awkward pauses like there were in the fall production which was a worry for some of the cast members.  

About the Writer
Kelsey Lanham, Contributor

This is my first year in Journalism.  I thought that Journalism would be a fun class to take and then I could have a say in what the newspaper had in...