Winter Band Concert 2018

Kelsey Lanham, Contributor

Wednesday, December 5th was the winter band concert which featured the fifth grade band, the junior high Choir, and ended the night with the combined junior high and high school band.  

The fifth grade beginning band started the concert with four songs, “Hot Cross Buns,” “Merrily We Roll Along”, “Lightly Row,” and “Jingle Bells.”  The impressive thing is they have only been playing together for six weeks.

After they finished their part of the concert, the junior high chorus, who had only been together for about a month, sang a Christmas melody which included “Winter Wonderland,” “Here Comes Santa Claus,” “All I Want for Christmas is You,” and “Hallelujah.”  

Next, the junior high and high school combined band performed. They have had only three rehearsals throughout the school days between the end of November and the beginning of December, so this made things a little tough to make everything concert ready, but they did it in the end.  They started the concert with “The Twelve Song of Christmas” by David Shaffer. After that they played “Canon of Peace,” which was arranged by Paul Jennings, “A Christmas Rose” by John Wasson, and ended the regular part of the concert with “Jingle Bones” by Andrew Glover.

After the regular part of the concert was over, the combined band played one last song, their marching band song from this year, “25 or 6 to 4,” by Chicago.  Kelsey Lanham, the only senior in the band, directed this as the final song of the night.