OPH looses to Brownstown-St. Elmo

Palestine Pioneers Facebook Page

On Tuesday, April 9, the OPH baseball team faced off against Brownstown-St. Elmo. It was a close game the entire night. Brownstown-St. Elmo only managed to take the win in the top of the 7th inning.

In the top of the 1st, Brownstown-St. Elmo was able to get an early lead of 0-3. However, the OPH Wildcats were not going to backdown without putting up a good fight. OPH responded with 1 run in the bottom of the first inning. Brownstown-St. Elmo would have a scoring drought for the next six innings. The Wildcats were able to score another run in the 2nd inning to close the gap even more. The last run for OPH would happen in the bottom of the 5th inning. The score was tied 3-3 until the 7th inning. In the top of the 7th, Brownstown-St. Elmo scored 2 runs that would end up sealing the win for them.

For OPH Riley Blank and Rowan Bailey each had 2 singles and 1 run. Arron Johnson had a base hit, while Lucas Blessing scored a run. Caden Goodwin had 1 RBI, and Bentley Cook had a single and an RBI.

Ace Coulter started pitching for the OPH Wildcats. Coulter gave up 3 runs, 2 walks, and struck out 8 people in the 5 and a half innings that he pitched. Bailey came in to relieve Coulter halfway through the 6th inning. Bailey allowed 2 runs, 4 walks, and 3 strikeouts while he was pitching.

Because of cancellations due to the amount of rain we have received, the OPH Wildcats will play their next game on Friday, April 12 in Oblong against Fairfield. Good luck Wildcats!