OPH Baseball vs Dieterich

On Tuesday, April 2, the OPH Wildcats hosted the Dieterich Movin Maroons in Oblong. Even though the game was delayed until 5:45 pm, it didn’t stop OPH from getting an early lead. However, OPH’s early luck would not stay with them long. The final score of the game was 4-22 with Dieterich taking the huge win.

In the bottom of the 1st inning, OPH would score 3 runs. Just 2 short innings later, Dieterich would score 2 runs in the top of the 3rd. OPH would respond with another run in the bottom of the same inning, making the score 4-2. In the 4th inning, Dieterich would score 3 more runs to take the lead. 4 runs were scored by Dieterich in the 5th and 6th inning, which extended their lead to 4-13. As if their lead wasn’t enough already, Dieterich would score 9 runs in the 7th inning to seal the deal.

When it came to OPH at the plate, Max Lewis had 1 RBI, 1 single, and 1 run. Bentley Cook and Ace Coulter both had 1 single, and 1 RBI. Lucas Blessing, Riley Blank, and Caden Goodwin each had a single and 1 run scored. Jasper Sweitzer had one single.

Lewis pitched for 4 innings. In that time, Lewis allowed 9 runs in 8 hits, but he had 4 walks and 4 strikeouts. Blessing came in to relieve Lewis for almost 3 innings. Blessing allowed 11 runs in 5 hits. Blessing also had 4 walks and 2 strikeouts. Arron Johnson came in during the 7th inning to relieve Blessing. Johnson allowed 2 runs, 1 walk, and he had 1 strikeout.

OPH will travel to Neoga on Friday. The game is scheduled to start at 4:30 pm. Good luck boys!