Lady Tiger vs. Newton Eagles

Addi McNair

Tuesday, March 26, the Newton Eagles traveled to the home of the Lady Tigers. It was a chilly, windy game for the players from both Hut Pal and Newton. The Newton Eagles have always been a tough game for the Lady Tigers, but they Tigers went into the game with a positive mindset.

Addi McNair, Lily Holcomb, Zoey Beabout, Izzy Monan, Hayden Monan, Ayla Cook, Alaina Holcomb, Brynn Griffin, and Kailyn Shoulders were the nine starters.

After the first inning, the Newton Eagles were ahead. The Lady Tigers scored 1 point in the first inning and that would turn out to be the only point they scored. By the fifth inning, this way the last chance for the Lady Tigers to score before the game would be ended due to the ten run rule. The final score of the game was 1-11. Although the wind and cold was no excuse for the Lady Tigers loss, we hope the weather starts to warm up real soon. Playing in the cold is getting old.

The Lady Tigers have had a tough few games theses first two weeks but have high hopes for the rest of the season. The Lady Tigers play again in Red Hill on Thursday, March 28. The Lady Tigers have already defeated the Salukis once this season and hope to do so again. Join the crowd in Red Hill too cheer on your Lady Tigers. The weather is supposed to be a little nicer, and even nicer when they play in Hutsonville on Friday.