PGS/PHS Band and Chorus Field Trip

Matt and Gareth mid-show!

This past Friday, the Pioneer band and chorus went to Effingham Performance Center to watch a STOMP-like show called Buckets n’ Boards.

Two performers, Matt Levingston and Gareth Sever, decided that they wanted to take percussion to a new level and use many different objects, mainly buckets, to make music. These guys have been performing for around 20-25 years now and they are the number one requested performing acts to headline for Disney Cruise Lines.  They travel around the world going to places, big and small, to entertain people of all ages. They have been features twice with the Kansas City Symphony and they are currently heading into their 14th award winning season in Branson, Missouri.

They started off the show with an introductory video that gave a bit of a backstory of where they came from and how they got together. After the video was over, they talked about how their show worked and what they did.  When they started the show by playing an upbeat tune on the buckets, the crowd went crazy with excitement!

The show featured multiple skits based upon different things, including tap dancing. Throughout the show, the audience was involved in many different ways, and the group used odd or abnormal objects to make music, playing many popular songs.  At the end, the group held a Q & A session.

Buckets n’ Boards is on all kinds of social media and has a website where fans can purchase their merchandise, including drumsticks of many colors, hoodies and shirts of many colors, bracelets, guitar picks, stickers, and more.

This field trip was truly enjoyable for the whole band and chorus!