Miles of smiles

March 26, 2024 Miles of Smiles will be coming to Palestine Grade School to offer dental cleanings to those who are in need of one. From the tiny baby teeth to the big, grown-up ones, looking after your teeth is super important. The first set of teeth you get are called baby teeth. Even though they’re not permanent, they’re important to take care of. They help you talk and chew, and they guide the grown-up teeth. Taking care of your baby teeth early on is key to avoiding problems later. Visiting the dentist early on is a smart move. It helps your dentist keep an eye on your teeth and catch any issues before they become big problems. Going to the dentist every six months is a good idea.
When you’re around six years old, your baby teeth start falling out, making room for your big, grown-up teeth. This is a big change, and it’s important to take care of your new teeth. Brushing your teeth regularly, flossing, and eating healthy are all good habits to keep your teeth in strong and healthy. If your teeth are not growing straight or your bite is not quite right a dentist might suggest seeing an orthodontist and possibly getting braces. If you have to get braces you will want to make sure to follow the instructions while having them and afterwards to ensure your investment is worth your money! Keep taking good care of your teeth as you grow up. You want to make sure your teeth last a very long time.