Kung Fu Panda 4

KUNG FU PANDA by prenylastman is licensed under CC BY 2.0.
“KUNG FU PANDA” by prenylastman is licensed under CC BY 2.0.

It has been almost 16 years since the original Kung Fu Panda movie was released in theaters on June 6, 2008. The movie was such a big hit worldwide that it would eventually get two sequel movies. Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) and Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016) did just as well as the first movie when they were released. The entire franchise has managed to do so well over the last 16 years that it is getting a fourth movie.

Kung Fu Panda 4 is set to release on March 8, 2024. While no one quite expected this movie to be made since it has been 8 years since the last installment, people are going to be questioning if Kung Fu Panda 4 is going to live up to the expectations that the previous movies have set in place. However, based on the movie trailer, it seems like it might be as good or maybe a bit better than the first three movies. You can watch the trailer here: youtube/inKs4eeHiI?si=NNhydVoqSkN5UO9y.

In Kung Fu Panda 4, Po Ping (Jack Black) has the opportunity to become the Spiritual Leader of the Valley of Peace. But Po has some challenges that come along with it. The biggest challenge is that if he becomes the Spiritual Leader of the Valley of Peace, he must find and train a new Dragon Warrior.

To make things even more difficult for Po, there is a new villain, named Chameleon, who can shapeshift into any animal. In order to take down Chameleon, Po has to work with Zhen. Zhen is a sly fox who turns out to be a wanted criminal, but her knowledge and skill are too useful for Po to turn away her help. While Po and Zhen seem like an unlikely duo, they must work together to help protect the Valley of Peace.

You can watch Kung Fu Panda 4 at the Eagle Theater on March 8th at one of the four showtimes. Showtimes are at 1:30 pm, 4:30 pm 7:30 pm, and 9:45 pm.