Netflix strikes back

You may remember seeing an article about all the shows and movies Netflix is adding to the platform but don’t get too excited because they might be removing your favorite TV show or movie as well. Netflix released a list of the 30+ movies and TV shows they are removing from their platform. While there isn’t a ton of them it is still sad to see some of them go.

On February 10th, Father Stu is one of the movies being removed from the platform. This movie was directed by Rosalind Ross and produced by Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, and Jordan Foss. In the movie, Stuart Long (Mark Wahlberg) gets injured and the injury ends his amateur boxing career. He moves to Los Angeles to find money and fame, but he finds a job working as a supermarket clerk. He meets Carmen, a Sunday school teacher who seems immune to his not so good charm. He was determined to win her over, so he goes to church. However, a motorcycle accident leaves him wondering if he can use his second chance to help others, leading to the surprise realization that he was meant to be a Catholic priest.

To switch it up a little bit; they are removingThe Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. This is a sad one to see go, but I guess they thought it was time.  This movie came out in 2005 and was directed by Robert Rodriguez.Sharkboy is played by Taylor Lautner and Lavagirl is played by Taylor Dooley. In the movie Max (played by Cayden Boyd) is bullied and escapes into a fantasy, conjuring up the lives of sharkboy and lavagirl. One day Sharkboy and Lavagirl suddenly come to life and their world, planet drool, needs a hero named Max. As Max escapes planet drool, he battles aliens and tries to save his new found friends planet from destruction.

Netflix has a reputation of adding some really great movies, but they also have a reputation for removing really great movies. Make sure you watch them before they are gone!