OPH Girls against Lawrenceville

Canda Pethtel

The OPH girls played Lawrenceville on Monday, January 29th. This game was held at Lawrenceville.

The JV starters were Emily Rachoy, Francesca Comandini, Sam Meese, Autumn Taylor and Emma Newlin. The JV girls played a good game against Lawrenceville, but only played 2 quarters.  The final score for JV was 10 for OPH and 15 for Lawrenceville.

The OPH varsity starters were Marissa Neely, Alyssa Tipton, Maggie Bailey, Genna Kidwell, and Cydney Pethtel.

In the first quarter, OPH won the tip-off. Our OPH girls scored 10 points in the first quarter and Lawrenceville had 8.

The second quarter, Genna was taken out for 3 fouls. Emily Rachoy then came into the game for Genna. The score was then 20-21 in Lawrenceville’s favor.

In the third quarter, OPH girls played well, but came across some difficulties. The score was then 29-33, still in Lawrenceville’s favor.

In the fourth quarter, Alyssa Tipton and Maggie Bailey both fouled out. Genna Kidwell had not fouled out yet, and played throughout the quarter. The final score of the game was OPH with 38, and Lawrenceville with 51.

Overall the OPH girls played very well, and had a decent game. Both the JV and Varsity came up just a little short. The girls will redeem themselves at their next game!

The OPH Girls basketball plays again Thursday, February 1st. The girls play Martinsville at 6pm. The theme of this game is Wild West. Come support the OPH Girls, and all the seniors! Make sure to dress in your best Wild West gear, or OPH fan gear!