Daily News Newspaper

The Daily News Newspaper has changed quite a bit over the past several years. It has gone from a daily printed newspaper to a bi-weekly printed newspaper to a weekly printed newspaper and a daily online edition. Effective February 1st, 2024, the Lewis Family will hand over their family business that they have owned for 105 years to a business called Better Newspapers Incorporated. For now, the newspaper will keep doing business as normal, continuing to publish a daily online version and a weekly print edition issue. The Lewis family also included their other business, the Lawrenceville Daily Record, with the sale; the Lawrenceville Daily Record publishes a print edition each Thursday. Each newspaper will work hard to keep their current staff on site at their current locations.

“When F.W. Lewis started the paper in 1919, he said one of his main objectives was to be a booster for Robinson, and that is still a priority for us today,” Daily News Editor Tom Osborne said. “When people look at the paper, we hope they will see themselves on the pages. We encourage people to submit their community news and think of it as their paper.”

The company that The Daily News sold their company to, Better Newspapers, Inc., was founded in 1991, and currently owns over 40 publications and five radio stations in Illinois and Missouri. Their newspapers include The Herald in Mascoutah, The Centralia Sentinel, Carlyle Union Banner, Mt. Vernon Sentinel, and Salem Times Commoner.

Good luck to Better Newspapers, Inc. on their new business adventure. We look forward to what is to come.