OPH Girls Basketball Game 1/25

The OPH girls basketball team played last night, January 25th, against Shakamak. The game was away so they traveled about 45 minutes away. Sadly they didn’t come out on top and lost 28-46.

The starters of the game were Marissa Neeley, Genna Kidwell, Maggie Bailey, Alyssa Tipton, and Cydney Pethtel. In the first quarter OPH only scored 5 points against Shakamak and they scored 16 points. Coming onto the second quarter of the game, OPH held them to 16 but only scored 1 point. After halftime onto the second half is when OPH got back into their groove and scored more points. The majority of OPHs points were scored in the 4th quarter, and in the last few minutes of the game. This made the ending scoreĀ  of the game 28-46.

Coach Devin and Coach Ryan both stated that they think last night’s game was their best defensive game they had all season. They hope that the girls keep up the momentum and take the same defense into the games for the rest of the season.

The girls played a great game last night no matter if they didn’t come out on top. Even if they didn’t come out on top, they still played one of their best games of the season, which is what matters. Both teams were great sports and played a very good game last night. Also Shakamak’s senior night was last night, and they all completed a generous act by giving the OPH girls roses, which I think was very thoughtful and kind.