Foggy Weather Safety Tips.

Foggy Weather Safety Tips.

This foggy weather may look pretty sometimes, but it is far from pretty when it comes to driving in it. In the past three days there have been three crashes because of the fog. To prevent yourself or someone else from crashing, here are some ways you can protect yourself and others.

1. Reduce your speed and turn on your hazard lights if necessary. This will help to give you more time to react if you find some unsafe road conditions or unknown obstacles pop up through the fog.
    2. Double your following distance. When driving behind someone you have to maintain a safe distance to give yourself time to react. Normally you have time to react since you can see clearly. In this fog however, you should double the distance as to give even more reaction time.
    3. Prepare your vehicle before departure. Make sure that all lights are clean and clear. Check all fluids and windshield wipers. Wipers should be replaced every 6-12 months
    4. Do not use your brights. Since fog can sometimes be higher off the road in different places, it is best not to turn on brights since they are above your headlights.
    5.  Plan ahead if possible. Give yourself some extra time to get to your destination so you do not show up late.
    6. Use the windshield defroster and the wipers. Use the defroster to get rid of inside condensation and the wipers for the outside.

These conditions can be very dangerous to drive in. For the safety of yourself and others, be cautious while driving!