Student Senate Meeting

On Wednesday, January 10, 2024, Student Senate held their first meeting of the new year and of the second semester. After Christmas Break, Student Senate had a few things they needed to discuss. Those things included discussing our plans for Winter Ball, contemplating whether we would be interested in hosting donkey basketball or hosting a pickle ball tournament for the community. We also had to discuss our Super Bowl ticket fundraiser. Every member of Student Senate is to sell 12 tickets. One of the final things we discussed was selling Heart O Grams.

• Student Senate has not decided on a time for winter ball. We have decided that it will be Friday, February 16, though. All OPH winter athletes are invited. The dance will be held at Palestine High School with a semi- formal dress code.
  • Donkey basketball has been a thing of the past for the last few years. Mrs. Inboden thought it may be a fun idea to bring back to the high school. This would be a fun evening for our community. We haven’t made a final decision whether or not donkey basketball will be happening, but if you have an opinion on whether or not you want it too, let a Student Senate member know.
  • Another option for our community would be a pickle ball tournament. There would be a fee to enter the tournament and we would play the tournament on either a Saturday or Sunday. Also let a Student Senate member know if you would be interested.
  • Super bowl tickets have been a good fundraiser for Student Senate for the past few years leading them too do it again this year. $10 a ticket for a chance to win $200! Find a Student Senate member to buy a ticket.
  • It’s that time of year! Heart-o-Grams will be for sale starting February 1 until February 13. They will be delivered on the 14th of February. You can buy a Heart-o-Gram for $1 in Mr. Smiths or Mrs. Inboden’s room.