What’s better? Fake Christmas Tree or Real Christmas Tree?

Christmas trees have been a tradition for many many many years for many families. From many different designs and decorations, Christmas trees have been a staple of most American homes around this time of year for decades. Now this arises a question: real or fake?

Environmentally, real trees are better. Although you are cutting them down, it advocates for climate change and it supports overgrowth in forests.

The main problem with real trees is the sap. It’s super sticky and gets everywhere. The next problem is getting it home and set up. Another one is all of the wood chips and needles. On the brighter side, they do smell better and look more authentic. The fake trees, however, depending on which one you get, rarely make a mess. If you’re lucky you can even get it pre-lit and pre-assembled.

The problem with them is the lightweight design. It makes it easier for pets and children to knock over. Regardless of your preference, real or fake, they’re both trees that can be decorated.  The other problem with fake Christmas trees is the rising price of them. If you want a good fake Christmas tree from Wal-Mart, you’ll be paying upwards of $40. If you’re lucky, you can find some on clearance, which is always a steal, but you’d have to be really lucky.

Real Christmas trees can be anywhere from $80-$100, depending on which lot you visit to get them.

What do you think? Real or Fake? Add your answer in the poll below!

Real or Fake Christmas Trees?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.