Wildcats vs. Maroons

Canda Pethtel
Autumn Taylor and Cydney Pethtel ready to box out a free throw.

Last night, on Thursday, December 14th, Robinson Maroons traveled to the home of the OPH Wildcats. Many of the Lady Wildcats were not looking forward to this game, but knew they still needed to give this game their all if they were going to have a chance at winning. This was the Wildcats third game of the week and they are looking forward to a break away from tough games.

Once the Lady Wildcats and Maroons were warmed up and 6:00 p.m. rolled around, JV took the floor first. Cydney Pethtel, Emily Rachoy, Francesca Comandini, Sam Meese, and Genna Kidwell started in the JV game. Ultimately, the JV team just didn’t have what it took to bring home the W.

Next, it was varsity’s turn. Genna Kidwell, Alyssa Tipton, Marissa Neeley, Ginna Russel, and Alayna Snider started in the varsity game. By then end of the first quarter the Wildcats were already starting to feel defeated. The score was 4-14. In the second quarter the Lady Wildcats scored almost double what they did in the first quarter, making the score 11-33. Yet again, in the third quarter the Lady Wildcats scored double what they scored in the second quarter. The score was 25-57. The Lady Maroons had scored twice the amount the Lady Wildcats had. In the fourth quarter the Maroons scored 12 while the Wildcats scored 7. Both teams slowing down in the fourth quarter. Althought the Lady Wildcats put up a good fight against the Lady Maroons, both teams continues to score more in the next quarter than they did in the last, never giving the Lady Wildcats a chance to catch up with a final score of 69-32.

The OPH Wildcats now have a W-L record of 2-9 and could use your support at their next game!