OPH Lady Wildcats Against Lady Cougars

Genna+Kidwell+
Chrissy Arvin
Genna Kidwell

On Wednesday, December 13, the OPH Lady Wildcats traveled to South Central to face off against the Lady Cougars. Our fans could say that this game was by far the worst game that they have watched in a while. Now this wasn’t due to how our girls played, because Coach Devin believes that it was probably the best defensive game we have played so far.

The starters for the Varsity game included Maggie Bailey, Genna Kidwell, Alayna Snider, Marissa Neeley, and Ginna Russell. Marissa jumped for the ball, and she was able to tip it to Maggie. Maggie was able to advance it down the floor, where she had the opportunity to score the first points of the game, but unfortunately it didn’t go in.

In the first quarter, the Lady Wildcats were able to keep the score kind of close by only being 9 points behind the Lady Cougars. Then in the second quarter, the Lady Cougars got a bigger lead on the Wildcats, making the score at halftime 18-32. While they may have been down at halftime, no one on our team was in foul trouble.

After halftime, it was almost like a switch was flipped for the referees. There were so many fouls that were called in the second half. Coach Ryan ended up getting a technical foul for saying something to our girls on the court. Apparently the referee, who was at the scores table reporting a foul from our team, thought that Coach Ryan was saying it to him. Then Ginna who only had one foul in the first half, ended up fouling out in the beginning of the fourth quarter.

The final score of the game ended up being 40-60. Even though some of the calls were very horrendous, the Lady Wildcats kept their heads up and played the best they could. Everyone is proud of our players for not letting the game get the best of them.

The OPH Lady Wildcats play at home in Oblong tonight against Robinson. There will be both JV and Varsity games, so if you don’t have anything to do, make sure that you stop by and support the Lady Wildcats. Good luck tonight ladies!