The History of Dating- Play Review

On Friday December 8th and Sunday December 10th, the PHS Drama Club put on a play called “The History of Dating”.

I attended the Sunday show and personally, I thought it was quite funny. They ran through everything from the caveman times to the modern dating.

This play had 90 roles that were played by 15 students! All of these amazing people worked for endless hours since October to make this play perfect. I must say that they succeeded very well.

They put a lot of effort and time into their costumes and props which all turned out amazing. These students, with all of their hard work and dedication, made the impossible happen. They all stayed late hours of the night at the High School for play practice, despite any busy schedules.

With each scene, all actors and actresses all not only played their part, but they became the part. They all played their parts as if they were actually living in that time period and were actually those people.

This play not only taught me more about different time periods, but also added a bit of a twist to history.

Overall, I would highly recommend going to any play that the Drama Club puts on. They put so much time and energy into the props, costumes, backdrops, lights, and sounds.