Girls Basketball Against Red Hill

Girls Basketball Against Red Hill

Our OPH girls basketball played a tough game Monday night, the 27th, against Red Hill. This game was held at Oblong.

Emily Rachoy- Palestine, Genna Kidwell- Oblong, Marissa Neeley- Oblong , Maggie Bailey- Oblong, and Ginna Russel- Oblong, were the starters for this game.

The first quarter went very well for our OPH girls. They played very good starting off and got up to 14 points. The first quarter score was ending at 14-8.

Second quarter the OPH girls were still up and doing really well. The third quarter ended at 22 for OPH and 14 for Red Hill.

The 4th quarter was a tough one, by this time you are tired out from playing so much. These girls did not give up and kept pushing! The girls started off good in the 4th quarter.

3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and the score was 36 for OPH and 33 for Red Hill. Red Hill started to score some points and tied the score 36-36. Our OPH girls scored a point making the score 37-36. After this, Red hill scored 4 points making the score, 37-40.

There were 16.5 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Our girls were told to foul Red Hill and get the ball back. Unfortunately, our OPH girl lost 37-40. These girls had a really good game and put up a fight!

OPH girls basketball has two more games this week! Tuesday the 28th, at Dietrich at 6:00pm. They have another one, Thursday the 30th at Oblong at 6:00pm. Go support our OPH girls, and OPH boys if you have time!