Christmas on the River

Last year Christmas on the River

The 13th annual Christmas on the River, hosted by the Hustonville Lighting Committee, is happening on November 25th, in downtown Hutsonville. The activities will begin at 5PM CST.

Activities include:

• The Cookie walk, where there are homemade baked goods covering tables and you put on a disposable glove, take a provided container, and fill it with whatever goodies you like. The cookies are $10 per pound. 
  • Letters to Santa.  Kids can drop off pre-written letters to Santa at the community center. Be sure to include the kid’s name and address for a fun response letter from Santa.
  • Music provided by DJ Otto
  • Raffle tickets available for a Christmas basket available in the Community Center that includes lots of local holiday favorites and gift cards or items from the vendors at the event. Tickets are $1 each and 6 for $5. Drawing will be held before the lighting of the big tree. Tickets will be available throughout November at Farmers and Merchants Bank.
  • Multiple vendors will be set up in the empty lot just west of the Community Center. The list of vendors currently include: Milam’s Freeze Dried Candies, HB Custom Creations/Swish and Flick Designs, Chey’s Craft Studio, I’m on a Roll food truck, Harris Reusables and more Custom Merch, Katie’s Knits, Spiders by Anna, Carol Mills’ crocheted items, A&C Handmade Designs, and Niki Staley.
  • Fun Town Party Bounce Houses will Have bounce houses set up for kids.
  • Candy Cane Hunt in downtown baseball diamond at 5:30PM. Bring your flashlights and bags to search for candy canes in the dark. Kids 5 and under will be on the infield and 6 and over will be on the outfield.
  • Candy near the bonfire sponsored by Crawford County Jeep Crawlers. They will be accepting donations for Toys for Tots.
  • Food specials and hot chocolate will be at the Wabash Coffee House. The Newlin Twins will be out front selling hot cocoa and the money raised will be donated to St. Judes.
  • The lighting of the big tree will be at 6:30 PM.