Health Career Expo

Lincoln Trail College
Flyer for career expo

On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 4 students from the senior class of ’24 traveled to the Robinson Civic Center at 1 p.m. to learn more about health careers and educational opportunities in Crawford County. The four students interested in a career in health after high school are Jack Hawkins, Briley Beabout, Zoey Beabout, and Cydney Pethtel. Mrs. Will took these students to the Health Career Expo.

When the students got to the Civic Center, they were handed papers to get signed by the tables presenting at the expo. After they got enough signatures, they were able to hand in their papers for a chance to win a prize. The tables were set up around the room and the students just walked around and the people there talked to the students about their jobs and what they do.

Some of the tables that were there were Consulting Clinic Wound Center, Surgery, OB, Emergency Department, LTC Nursing program, PTA, OT, OCC Radiology program, Lab, and the Health Department. Some of these departments brought with them some interactive learning experiences. The nursing administration brought in a real life size fake body that made live sounds named Juno. The emergency department brought in a CPR machine that does chest compressions instead of a person having to do them.

These were all brought to the Civic Center by Crawford Memorial Hospital.

Some of the familiar faces we saw were Megan Pifer and Jamie Deckard.

After the expo, which took about an hour, Mrs. Will took the four students to Dairy Queen.