Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Chargers

Travis+Kelce.+
Travis Kelce.

With impressive first-half performances from Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce, the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Los Angeles Chargers 31–17 on Sunday. What you should know is as follows:

Three of Mahomes’ four touchdown passes and 321 of his 424 yards of total passing were completed in the first half.
In the first half, Kelce recorded 143 of his 179 yards, which is the second-highest amount the tight end has ever had in a game. It was also his 50th touchdown reception from Mahomes.In addition, Kelce’s 12 catches tied a career high. These two really do work magic together on the field.

In addition to Mahomes and the offense scoring 31 points, the Chiefs defense played brilliantly once again. The Chiefs kept the Chargers scoreless after the first half, frequently putting pressure on quarterback Justin Herbert. Herbert was sacked five times by the Chiefs. Defensive end Charles Omenihu made a significant contribution in his first game back with the Chiefs following a six-game suspension for breaking the league’s personal conduct rules. In the end, Omenihu recorded a sack, two quarterback hits, a tackle for loss, and a crucial ball deflection close to the line of scrimmage that resulted in a cornerback, L’Jarius Sneed, making an interception in the red zone. In the second half of this game, the Chargers made defensive adjustments at halftime to slow down Kelce by playing much more man coverage against the Chiefs tight end. It was somewhat successful. In the second half, the defense gave up only seven points. However, Brandon Staley’s offense vanished entirely just as his defense was getting strong.

No opponent has managed to score more than 21 points against the Chiefs (6-1) so far.