Wrestling Field Trip

Wrestling Field Trip
Fighting Illini Facebook

Yesterday was the last day to sign up to go on the wrestling field trip to the University of Illinois. This trip will take place later this week on November 2nd. Mr. Will and Coach Rosborough encouraged anyone that is interested in participating in wrestling to sign up to go on the trip as it will be a fun time for all. There were only three students who signed up to go on the trip. These three students include Owen Griffin, Jack Hawkins, and Colin Higgins. Students that are going on the trip will need to bring $5 and something to eat for dinner. The bus will leave Palestine at 2:50 and Oblong at 3:30 on the 2nd. As for when the bus will be getting back, it will most likely be after 10:30-11 pm.

On Thursday November 2nd, the University of Illinois men’s wrestling team will be competing against Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. As this is the home opener for the Fighting Illini, it is expected to be an interesting match. This year there are 11 new freshmen that joined the wrestling team. It will be exciting to see how the freshmen will perform in their first collegiate match ever. There are 22 sophomores, juniors, and seniors that are returning this year.

The Fighting Illini wrestling team has a full schedule this year with a total of 22 matches. Of the 22 matches, 9 are held at home in the State Farm Center. The other 13 matches are held at other universities or neutral sites for tournaments. This means that there will be plenty of opportunities to see the Fighting Illini men’s wrestling team in action this season.