Mr Smith Day!

Mrs Orobia

Mr Smith, the Bio teacher at Palestine High School, had his very own dedicated dress up day. He’s retiring at the end of the school year in 2024, so in honor of his retirement, we decided to have a dress-as-Mr Smith day.

Mr Smith is the teacher that everyone just loves, especially if you have him for a Bio class. Going back to my freshman year, my class wasn’t the type to talk to him in his introductions that he always would have before class got fully started. Yet as the years have passed my class has grown to get excited about telling Mr Smith about our day. The senior class got lucky enough to have him for all 4 years of high school, and even better, he is going out with us.

I won’t fully speak for the underclassmen who won’t get to have Mr Smith for the rest of their high school years, yet I have a feeling that they are going to miss those daily introductions, peace signs, and even his somewhat funny jokes that he only really laughed at. (Even though secretly they were kinda funny.) Overall after we graduate and seeing or talking to Mr Smith everyday is something we are all going to miss.

As we count our last school days with Mr Smith, we all have to take in the time we have with one of the greatest teachers of PHS. This dress up day is to celebrate Mr Smith and his AMAZING style 😉 ; it’s a day that is for him since he is retiring in the spring.