DWTS Week 1

Eric McCandless
DWTS 2023 Cast

Dancing With the Stars had their 32nd season premier on ABC and Disney+ last Tuesday night, September 26th, and will continue every Tuesday for the next 10 weeks. Hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough, the production starts off the season with 14 pairs, a professional dancer and a random celebrity, and battles for 10 weeks to find the ultimate dancing pair. They dance to all kinds of dance styles like hip hop, swing, cha cha, salsa, ballroom, contemporary, and more. Each week one couple with the least amount of judges points and audience votes is eliminated from the show and will not go any further. The winner of Dancing with the Stars receives the famous mirror ball trophy on the Grand Finale.

The 2023 pairings are: Jamie Lynn Spears and Alan Bersten, Tyson Beckford and Jenna Johnson, Xochitl Gomez and Val Chmerkovskiy, Alyson Hannigan and Sasha Farber, Harry Jowsey and Rylee Arnold, Barry Williams and Peta Murgatroyd, Matt Walsh and KoKo Iwasaki, Mauricio Umansky and Emma Slater, Mira Sorvino and Gleb Savchenko, Lele Pons and Brandon Armstrong, Adrian Peterson and Britt Stewart, Jason Mraz and Daniella Karagach, Ariana Madix and Pasha Pashkov, and Charity Lawson and Artem Chigvintsev.

Matt Walsh and KoKo Iwasaki were sadly eliminated from Thursday night’s shows after performing their first cha-cha. On a higher note, Charity Lawson and Artem Chigvintsev’s tango won the highest score of the night with a 22/30.

If you want to watch the remaining 13 couples dance the night away in hopes of winning the mirror ball trophy, you can tune into ABC or Disney+ every Tuesday night at 7 PM CST!