DRAMA CLUB MEETING

Jamie Cutright
Drama Club students travelled to Beefs and Boards in Indianapolis in teh spring of 2023 to see the musical Footloose.

This Thursday, September 28, there is a Drama Club meeting in Mrs Hyde’s room.

The meeting is going to be during the 1st lunch at 11:30 instead of it being during the 2nd lunch like it normally is to give juniors and seniors a break and let them enjoy their lunch period for a change.  The Drama Club meeting will be discussing the parking lot fundraiser during the Wine and Arts Festival.  There will be sign-up sheet with different shifts on it, so that students can sign up for the shift that best fits their schedule on both Saturday and Sunday. This fundraiser helps Drama Club raise money to pay for play scripts, play royalties, props, and tickets to a spring musical.  So having people sign up and help is a must, and we hope people will volunteer!

Drama Club always goes and sees a musical in the spring. Last year they all went to Indianapolis to Beef and Boards to see the musical Footloose. It was a great time and I enjoyed every second of it. This musical will be the second topic of the meeting; we have to choose a musical to see. Choosing a musical now will also help to get an idea of how much money we probably will need to raise in order to cover the expenses for the trip.  It has already been determined that we will go to the Fox Theater this year; now we need to choose which musical we will go see — Funny Girl or Mama Mia.

If you are interested in Drama Club and being a part of all the plays and extra things that come with it, then come to the meeting!