The Golden Bachelor Premier

The+Golden+Bachelor+post.+
ABC
The Golden Bachelor post.

We have all heard of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, but have you heard of The Golden Bachelor?

Back in 2020, Instagram made a post seeking “active and outgoing single men and women age 65 and up for a new dating show.” Since then, The Golden Bachelor has been in the process.

On Monday, July 17, on Good Morning America, the moment Bachelor Nation has been waiting for finally happened. The first Golden Bachelor was announced.

Gerry Turner is the first Gold Bachelor. His name is pronounced as “Gary.” Gerry is from Indiana and is 72 years old.

After being married to his high school sweetheart for 43 years, his wife, Toni, suddenly passed away after bacterial infection complications in 2017.

Gerry is now ready to find love again and he thinks that The Golden Bachelor is the place to do so.

But who will he fall in love with? If you thought people were excited to find out who the Bachelor was, what feeling do you use to describe the people waiting to see the women Gerry will be choosing from? On August 30, the women who would be on The Golden Bachelor were announced. These women range from the age of 60-75. There are 22 women Gerry gets to choose from.

Enough ABOUT Gerry– when do you get to watch him fall in love again?

After the long wait, Gerry will be making his first appearance on The Golden Bachelor on Thursday, September 28. The Golden Bachelor will premiere on ABC at 7pm. After the premiere, you can stream it weekly on Hulu.