Call Meeting To Order

Homecoming+events
Zoey Beabout
Homecoming events

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023, the 23-24 Student Senate officers met for lunch and WIN in Mr. Smith’s room. Student Senate provided the officers Joe’s Italian Food and Pizza for lunch.

This year’s officers consist of president Zoey Beabout, vice president, Briley Beabout, treasurer Charlie Burkett, and secretary Daylen Beckes.

After the first Student Senate meeting, Mr Smith and Mrs. Inboden decided we need to have a more organized meeting and get some more things done, and that is exactly what they did.

There was a list of things that needed to be decided and talked about, things like Blood Drives, Homecoming, and Red Ribbon Week.

First off was Homecoming. Homecoming may take more planning than what some may think. There are dress up days, WIN games, Jag Day games, bonfire, parade, and of course the Homecoming dance. This year the Homecoming dance location, date, and time were a controversial topic. After our first Student Senate meeting, it was decided the dance would be on Saturday, October 14, 2023. Another decision that had to be made was whether or not the dance would be formal. Underneath the story here, you will find the homecoming dress code in the photo gallery. When the date of the dance changed, so did the location. The dance will now be held at the pavilion on Main Street rather than the Pavilion behind the Grade School.

Our next discussion was who was working the Blood Drive that will take place on Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at Palestine High School. We also decided who, out of our four officers, would be our contact for the Red Cross. We decided Briley was the perfect candidate.

There will be more information to come about Red Ribbon Week the closer to time we get to October.