Marshall’s Funky Autumn Fest

Fall is here! For many people, fall is their favorite season. The weather’s just right, not too hot and not too cold. The arrival of fall also means Marshall’s Autumn Fest is right around the corner.

They are starting off this funky festival with lots of events going on starting this Friday, September 15, kicking off the morning at 9 am with the Chamber Golf outing, which goes until noon, and ending the day with the Beer Patio at Marshall VFW with tons more events in between. Saturday morning begins at 7 a.m. with a pancake breakfast at the Rotary club going till 10 a.m., much like our Chuck Wagon breakfast for Labor Day. There will be events leading up to 11 a.m. where their parade will step off. Line up starts at 10:45 a.m., which is where I will be with the Fuzion Dance Studio.

The Fuzion Dance Studio has been hard at work getting their choreography down pat. I, among several other dancers, including some you may know such as Lucy Webster and Lotus Webster, are scheduled to perform this Saturday from 12:15 to 1 p.m.

After our dancers’ spectacular performance, there will be even more events such as an art show and a local church’s cake walk. Much like Friday, Saturday will come to a close with the Beer Patio at Marshall VFW that will go from 9 p.m. till midnight.

Sunday will be the last day of the Autumn Fest. Starting off the day with a car, truck, and motorcycle show, people will need to be there at 7:30 to register their vehicles. After registration, there will be a live mural painting by ‘Wall Dogs’, blue grass music will be played, and arts and crafts will be available. Several more events will follow before this Autumn Fest is wrapped up by the car, truck, and motorcycle show.

For more information on the events go to  https://marshallautumnfest.com/schedule/