2023 Norris Electric’s Youth Day Trip

Ms. Jamie Cutright

Addison and Morgan pose for a quick photo opp. outside the state capitol!

Dannika Fulling, Editor

Every year, students whose families are involved with the Norris Electric Co-op are eligible to win the opportunity to go to Springfield. This year’s recipients are Addison McNair and Morgan Knoblett, who just so happen to be neighbors as well. Having an early morning, they started their journey to the state capitol at 4 AM. Addi was not excited about getting up at 3:30 that morning, but from the sounds of it, the events of the day made up for the early wake up call. After picking up students in Dieterich and Effingham, the group made it to Springfield before PHS students even started their school day here in Palestine. They went to the Lincoln Hotel for breakfast and interviews, Lincoln Presidential Museum, State Capitol, and Lincoln’s home. After talking with both girls, they both seemed to love the capitol and the museum the most. At the capitol they had the opportunity to get a photo with State Senator Adam Niemerg.

Both girls enjoyed the trip, and from the sounds of it recommend it to others. Here’s what they had to say:

When asked if she’d recommend the trip: “Oh 100%. It’s like a great opportunity, you think you learn a lot in history class but then you go and visually see it and learn a lot more.”

— Addison McNair

Addison McNair was chosen to go on the Norris Electric trip to Washington DC this summer, and we hope she has the greatest time. Norris Electric provides a lot for our students, and we’re thankful for their generosity.

When asked if she’d recommend the trip: “Yes, I think it was very informative and it was just a fun day.”

— Morgan Knoblett