Psst… PSAT Practice And SAT!

Psst... PSAT Practice And SAT!

Lauren Duffield, Editor

Students will be testing and will be putting their testing knowledge to the test with the PAST and SAT, on April 12th, make sure to put your nose in the books! The state of Illinois requires all juniors to take the standardized assessment test, aka your SATs!

All freshmen and sophomores will be taking the PSAT 9 and PSAT 10,  which is similar to the SAT and will act as practice for the actual SAT. Our school requires these tests to see progression within our school system, they then examine scores and determine if our district is improving or slowing down.

Many people do not like standardized testing because not everyone is the same, someone can be very smart yet not do too hot on the test and that’s perfectly okay. This test does not determine your intelligence it just determines if you’re good at testing and just overall progress within the school system. Just make sure to do your best and pay attention but also study, study, study!

Juniors will be put into different rooms and all students will be accommodated for anything they need, seniors will be going to LTC for senior blitz for a day of fun and food, and maybe talks of careers! April 12th will be a long day so make sure to prep yourself and do your BEST!!!