Wise Suggestions From Alivia

Alivia Beabout, Editor

When it comes to choosing your classes take it from me. As some may know I’m Alivia Beabout, a Palestine High School senior. I’ve seen it all here at Palestine; I’ve seen all the classes, I know what to take and what not to take. As a senior who is not ranked the top of the class, but ranked in the middle, I like to take classes that I know I can excel in easily. For example, some classes I have loved taking over the years are all of the Biology classes with the one and only Mr. Smith. These are really good classes to take when you want to go into anything in the medical field. Even if you aren’t in the medical field, you learn important information for life lessons, and you get to take the class with Mr. Smith, who we all know is one of the most liked teachers in the building.

Another class I surprisingly loved taking was Current Events with Ms. Cutright. This class is so helpful. It’s an easy class filled with so much information, and you are able to keep up with what is going on in the world today. It’s fun to learn new things every day and write your opinion about them all. This class is on a steady schedule, meaning you do the same thing on the same days every week. There are no tests involved other than 10 question quizzes at the end of the week. The assignments take no longer than 5-10 minutes.

Lastly, I love taking Mrs. Hyde’s Journalism class. It’s super easy, you only have to write 1-2 articles a week, and its really fun being involved and taking pictures everywhere you go. It’s really fun to go to different sports and write about their successes, as well as looking for school or community news to write informative articles about.

Overall, my years here at Palestine High School have been so bittersweet, and I’m so sad I won’t be able to take classes with these amazing teachers anymore.