Crawford County Recreation Center

Alysa Kennedy, Editor

New additions to Crawford County are underway! The Crawford County Recreation Center (CCRC) has been five years in the making. As plans are being put into action, they broke ground on September 23, 2022, and are currently shooting for Fall of 2023 to open. This facility will be located on LTC’s campus, but open to the community.

This 40,000 square foot building will offer many opportunities for people of all ages. This rec center will include a multi-sport court (for basketball, tennis, pickleball, and volleyball), indoor walking track, cycling studio, free weights section, and cardio equipment. The center will also offer innovative fitness and recreation programs such as yoga, spinning, dance, youth and adult sports leagues, Silver Sneakers, and healthy eating programs. A child watch program will be offered as well, so parents can enjoy the facility. 

Along with the new addition, the CCRC will be taking over operation of the indoor pool. Future plans for this facility include a water slide, air conditioned party room, two individual changing rooms with showers, and a sauna. They hope for the building to take on elements of an indoor water park. 

With more options available for a healthy and active lifestyle, the Crawford County Rec Center will be just what the community needs. This will be a great addition! To follow along and see updates as the project develops, visit the Crawford County Rec Canter Facebook page.