Drama Club Meeting

Michlynn Churchwell, Contributor

Drama club had their first meeting on August 31. They talked about the fall play, the haunted house, the nursing home skits, and the Drama Club officers. 

The biggest topic discussed was the Haunted House. Students chose a horror movie theme and then discussed nine specific movies to use. These movies include Halloween, The Conjuring, The Shining, Annabel, Chuckie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Ring, Children of the Corn, It, and Nightmare on Elm Street. Some of the teachers allow Drama Club to use their rooms for the Haunted House. This year Drama Club hopes to use Mrs. Hyde’s room, Mrs. Parson’s room, Mrs. Adam’s room, Ms. Cutright’s room, the Math room, the library, and cafeteria. The tour guides will be Gracey Miller and Dannika Fulling. 

Drama club also discussed forming a group to put on little skits for nursing homes and are hoping to purchase a book of skits to choose from. This should be a lot of fun. Already 12 students have signed up for this. This should be a great opportunity to make the elderly happy. 

On September 8, Drama Club met again to elect officers.  Members voted for Ahlya for president, and Dannika for the vice president. The secretary is Gracey, and The treasurer is Addi. These girls have a lot ahead of them, including choosing a fall play, organizing the Haunted House, and choosing the nursing home skits.