Freshmen Fright

Freshmen+Fright

Chance Wilber, Editor

Chance Wilber

When you entered your first year of high school what was your biggest fear? Two freshmen were asked this very question and their responses are posted below.

Mackenzie McDaniel said that she was most nervous about not being able to make friends when she got into high school which is very relatable. She then said that things were going a lot better than she thought they would but she also said it is very hard to manage your time with everything going on. Mackenzie did say that she did like high school a lot more than she liked grade school; however, she said that it is sometimes difficult to know what to bring to what class and when you should get all of your homework done. 

Greyson Holscher said that he really wasn’t scared because he knew a lot about the high school and already had friends here. Greyson said that things were going great for him and he was meeting a lot of new people and he really enjoyed participating in PE and going home at the end of the day. Greyson said that high school because it is a lot more laid back and you can have more fun with friends. He doesn’t find high school to be very challenging; however, he does say that Geometry is a pretty difficult class. 

This group of freshmen is a group that is ready to learn and take on whatever life throws at them. They are ready for an adventure and a great thrill packed 2022-2023 school year!